Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember September 11

I want to take a moment to let you know we discussed the importance of September 11th today. We watched a Reading Rainbow and watched some children from PS 232 that experienced 1st hand the love and generosity from others around the world. The kids made a music video singing a song of how thankful they are for the support and love they felt through such a tragedy. I hope you too feel thankful today for all those before us that helped make America what it is today. My father was in the Air Force for 22 years and I feel a sense of pride when I share with the class the importance of our Armed Forces. Last week we talked about freedom and your child completed the sentence "Freedom means..." I am oh so proud to let you know that our very own Brianna placed 2nd in the AM VETS post 911's Freedom Walk Essay contest. Way to go! We are so proud of you! Talk to your child about what they learned-you might be surprised. Thank you for all you do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Connor was telling me about the things he learned, his Daddy was a Marine in Desert Storm we are very proud of that :)