Monday, September 29, 2008

Famous Authors!

This summer I watched a teaching video about motivating students to write. We write every day (almost everyday) in Writer's Workshop. I spend about 5-10 modeling writing out loud. I talk to the class about what is running through my head while writing and things good writers do. They have to give me a topic they want to write about before I hand them paper to write. I have pulled aside some students and "published" their writing. I help with the spelling. Amazingly enough I have not had to talk to them about staying on topic. They are really loving the writing. Here is a slide show of the 1st 5 famous authors. I will post more as we "publish" more. Stay tuned because Ivy Grace went to the Nick hotel on Friday and we are anxiously awaiting her story. Enjoy. :)

No comments: