Sunday, November 13, 2011

50 days smarter...

This is my 5th year teaching 1st grade and I LOVE it!  One of my favorite days is the 50th day of school.  Each year we celebrate with a sock hop and this year it was even more fabulous than last year.  Make sure to check out the iMovie I made to show off all the fun.  We celebrated all day long.  We talked about things from the 50s and today.  It was cute because the kids didn't even know what a record was and few had seen a jukebox.  We counted by 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s and talked about numbers greater than or less than 50.  You should see how they made 50.  We played games and watched an I Love Lucy episode.  They didn't even know who Lucy was?!  The chocolate factory worker one is a classic and I am so glad I got to show them TV before it was color.  We danced to the chicken dance, blew bubbles, and even a hula hooping contest.  It was great fun and definitely a day to remember!  I can't wait to see what we are doing on the 100th day...

No comments: