Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Friends 2014

Meet the Teacher was Thursday and it was an exciting time!  I got to meet all 16 of my new friends. I even had one that brought me homemade chocolate chip cookies!  Super sweet and yummy because you know I ate every last one of those guys!  There were smiles and siblings and parents ready for the school year to start.  I have to say I am excited to see what these new friends bring to the classroom and to one another.  I know they will make me a better teacher because I can already tell by their awesome personalities in the short time I got to talk to them.  All I can think of is the "Everything is awesome!" song from the Lego Movie.  I quick sent them a video message this evening and I read the Night Before First Grade by Natasha Wing.  I will admit I have butterflies and right now I can't fall asleep just thinking about what the new year will bring...

I did some thinking, reflecting this summer and while talking to my hubby, came up with the Wright's Rippers motto: Be the I in Inspire! I can, I want, I will, etc.  Which brings me to my challenge.  Everyone that is anyone in the tech world will be gathered at @MiamiDevice in November. I WANT TO GO TOO!!! These people must think I am their stalker @techninjatodd @kleinerin @techchef4u 2 guys and some iPads, and @tonyvincent!!! I have been all over Twitter, listening to podcasts, and reading blogs to get the info I need to take our school to the next level.
We have worked the past year and half on raising funds to purchase iPads and we have 2 sets of 20 iPad minis.  In all my searching I have hooked up with incredible teachers willing to share what they do and I then pass that on to my firsties.  It doesn't stop there we then teach others and I mean 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th graders.  We have taught them how to use Pic Collage, create tutorials using Explain Everything, and even create pages for class ebooks.  There is so much more to learn and I need to get to Miami Device!  Hopefully they will see my excitement and bring me to Coconut Grove so I can hang out with the coolest tech people in the world! Inspire to be better, inspire to learn, Inspire others...

No comments: