Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day


Volusia County released students and teachers today in remberence of Veteran's Day. I want to say a special thank you to all the veterans that sacrificed their lives, time, and loved ones for the freedoms we have today, especially to my favorite veteran, my dad. I talked to my class and Ms. Garver's, across the hall, yesterday about my father and veterans I met at the nursing home and the local VFW. I read The Wall by Eve Bunting and cried again while reading about the young boy that wishes he had his grandfather. We talked about what freedom means to us and what we are most thankful for... living in America. We wrote some letters and Ms. Garver took them to the local VFW. I hope you think of the veterans today and remember all they do to ensure our freedom and way of life here in America. I called my dad first thing this morning and told him thanks. I love you daddy and I am proud of you.

No comments: