Saturday, March 16, 2013

Teaching Channel in the room!

Seriously a highlight of my teaching career and I got to share it with my firsties! Check this out.

The Teaching Channel filmed our class this week.  They are working on a series to highlight the Common Core Standards for Mathematics and the Mathematical Practices.  In particular, Reason abstractly and quantitatively.  We were filmed by Kevin, Al, and Gary of Luna Productions.  They were the BEST and Ms. Alice Gill was there too!  She is the mother of Thinking Math and a hero to yours truly.  The kids were amazing and I am so proud of them, their math, and their thinking they did out loud for all to hear.  I can't wait to see the final product but I can tell you they rocked it and I couldn't have asked for anymore.  We will have to have a launch party once it is done so stay tuned...

No comments: