Monday, October 10, 2011

Heart Maps

We write in our journals every morning and during our writing time. Sometimes I am asked, "What do you do when they don't have anything to write about?" Sometimes I ask a few questions to get the writing juices flowing UNTIL I saw this awesome idea on another blog.  I asked the kids to think about all the things that they heart (love) and they had a bunch! I drew things on my heart map that I hold dear to me...Tim, Kaile, Carson, FSU, Phi Mu, our home, my classroom, my family, friends, ice cream, Chick-fil-A, Ann Taylor Loft, Panera...you get the picture. :) I gave them a paper heart and they were off and running.  After drawing we decided to make it pretty by coloring and decorating.  They are adorable!  So Andrew says I am going to write Edmodo!  Kasey takes an ActivExpression and copies the letters off of it to spell it correctly.  Aubrey says to me "I wrote you twice Mrs. Wright on my heart map and the class." These are the days a teacher lives for I tell you! It made me all mushy inside and I definitely heart my class! Check out their heart maps.

No comments: