Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where were you?


Where were you as the 44th President of the United States took the Oath of Office? I was sharing the moment with my first grade class. It was our lunch time but we came back to the classroom and celebrated this historic moment together.We watched as the past presidents took their seats. We talked about the crowd of people gathered in Washington D.C. for this special day. After Vice President Biden and then President Obama took their oath we cheered and celebrated with red and blue Jello topped with whipped cream and patriotic colored sprinkles. It was a day for all to remember. Thanks to my awesome Yahoo group of teachers we even have a keepsake of the day. A teacher suggested each student have a picture of them reading the January 20, 2009 newspaper with the flag in the background. I must say they are adorable! I was so lucky to spend the day, and everyday, with the future of our country.

No comments: