Thursday, July 9, 2020

Favorite Apps to Show Learning

Teaching First grade was so the best! Watching them learn and soak it all in filled my teacher heart. I am not going to lie and say teaching content and teaching technology was easy but it can be done. The results are something I shared with other teachers to try to get them on board and some did while others were a bit intimidated.  That is all understandable because no one wants to look like they don't know what they are doing, me included. I found the students had no fear and learned by sharing with one another. I learned from them and ran around to take photos that have been on my phone, in my Google Photos, and in the cloud for 5 years!!! I have to write and get these photos out for others to share or dare I say be inspired.  How many of you have taken and then they stay there and no one gets to see them?

Learning about penguins was all the rage with our leveled readers. Students were to take pictures with the camera and use Pic Collage to add information about penguins.





Some students used Popplet to showcase their learning. We used semantic mapping quite a bit to show what we knew before an area of study so they were familiar with the format.  



No comments: