Friday, March 6, 2020

Next step and then wait to hear...

We tell the kids the truth and they are worried. Of course they have questions but we try to calm their fears the next step is a biopsy and then we wait.  The biopsy was alright. The nurses were calming and the technicians talked through each step and before you know it it is over. Then we wait to hear the results from my OB/GYN. So in true style I book fast passes for Hollywood Studios to celebrate after the doctor visit because I am that sure she is going to say everything is fine. We go in, wait and when walks in she asks how we are doing. We are alright just anxious waiting for the results. Then she says, "There is no easy way to say this, you have breast cancer." Tim and I look at each other and I am in disbelief at what I have just heard. No, I can't have breast cancer. I crossfit like 7 days a week most week. I eat healthy-ish most of the time. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I just had a mammogram last year. How can I have cancer? How are we going to tell the kids? I can't have cancer! What am I going to do about school and the kids? I can't have cancer! I need like another 30 years with Tim. What am I going to tell my mom and dad? I can't have cancer. I look at Tim and we hug and he tells me everything is going to alright. I cry a few tears and I have never loved him more.

No comments: